Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Bit of Nostalgia

I think all this talk about moving on and starting fresh in 2011 has had a reverse effect on me. I found myself reminiscing a lot about the past year and although it wasn't a great year, I did get to experience many great new things, meet an incredible group of new people and even managed to have some great memories. Here is the highlight reel:

#1 - Team Canada wins GOLD in the Winter Olympics held in Vancouver, BC



#2 - I was introduced to the wonders of IRC - yes, I do realize I'm 15 years late for the party, kthx.   
♥ #toolarmy & reborn // #GiM ♥


#3 - I have an whole new catalog of music thanks to a ton of influences:  
  • Ry - too many discographies and albums to name (Mastodon, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Coheed & Cambria, etc)
  • Ghaz - post-rock (God is an Astronaut, Yndi Halda, Godspeed You! Black Emperor)
  • Aceface - dubbbbbstepppppp
  • Rem - This Will Destroy You (which is one of my favourites now)
  • Bri - Guitar gods like Stevie Ray Vaughn & Steve Vai
  • .similar from Last.Fm 


#4 - My Michiana Adventures - Notre Dame Campus, Fireworks over Lake Michigan @ Silver Beach outdoor concert in St. Joseph's Michigan.


#5 - Camping @ Valen's Conservation Area w/ Kristi, Norv & Kishan




#6 - End of the year bashes with my bestie

Oktoberfest 2010 @ Norv's in B-Town
The Enormous Party @ Dirty Scott's in B-Town
DecemberFest 2010 @ Russ' in Toronto

#7 - Stella & Kaylee's 1st Birthday Parties ~ love them ♥
Stelly Bean

Kaylee-pie


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2010 also had it's share of lowlights:
  • Being sick every weekend from the end of January until the 1st of March (one weekend was only because I was massively hungover from Kristi's birthday - took me 7 hours to get home from the Hammer and I had to pull over in Strathroy for a nap in my car)
  • I only made it to two concerts this year: NKOTB & Tesla which was okay, but I missed out on Tool, Puscifer, All That Remains, Deftones, Mastodon & Maiden. UGH!
  • I had my first visit to an american jail... twice! Definitely a lowlight, but strangely enough makes for good stories.
  • I had a rough couple months near the end, but I made it through with the help of old and new friends. Thanks to all! 
Now back to your regularly scheduled program - 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment