Sunday, January 16, 2011

Living life in autofocus

So, my friend started her own blog a year or two ago and I find myself checking it all the time. It helps me stay close with her even though she's moved away and I've found myself wanting to the same thing for a while.
One thing she's done in the past with her blog is posted an annual "To Do" list. I thought this is somewhere I could do the same thing. Maybe if I document my goals I can finally focus on them. It's worth a shot anyways.

I've already started 2011 off with a fresh start. I've rid myself of some "vampires" (as JC would call them) that were finding ways to leech off my soul in recent times. I don't have a specific short term goal list at the moment, so I thought I'd post my vague "To Do Before I Die...." list. I started the list in 2004 after I graduated University (the first time) so a few things have been completed. THAT is the best part about these lists... crossing things off.

1. Learn sign language (fluently)
2. Write & publish a screenplay/poem/story/song/article
3. See a Red Wings Game (preferably Wings v. Leafs) - (wings v. leafs - Oct 3, 2008 w/ Alison)
4. Travel in Europe
5. Travel to Australia
6. Trip to the Caribbeans - (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - Feb 2008 w/ Kristi & Irina)
7. Sponsor a 3rd World child
8. See Tool live - (Hamilton, ON - June 24 and July 9 2007 w/ Mike, Ernesto, Joe, Shawn)
9. See a live taping of SNL
10. Go on a two week minimum roadtrip
12. Go to the London Aquarium
13. Swim with dolphins - (Feb 2008 in Punta Cana w/ Irina)
14. Go sailing
15. Drive a motorcycle
16. Go skydiving
17. See Pearl Jam Live - (Toronto, ON - May 10, 2005 w/ Jace)
18. Buy a boat
20. Go to an opera
21. Try skiing/snowboarding
22. Fall in love - (July 2010 w/ shall remain nameless)
23. Dye my hair red - (May 2008 - it was uggo)
24. Own my own pub -- ambitious, huh!
25. Be at a game in which Sidney Crosby is playing
26. Get a tattoo - (June 6, 2008 in London, ON w/ Alison, Colette & Matt)
27. Buy something from Holt Renfrew - (March 2008 w/ Kristi)
28. Meet an A-list celebrity
29. Judge a formal contest/competition
30. Golf 18 holes
31. Swim in the ocean - (Feb 2008 in Punta Cana, DR w/ Kristi & Irina)
32. Go to a Stanley Cup finals game
33. Ride a mechanical bull
34. Go to a gator conservation area (ahhhh!)
35. Go fishing
36. Host a kick ass party
37. Go to an A-list party/club/restaurant
38. Go scuba diving or snorkeling
39. Sleep under the stars (literally)
40. Drive through a puddle and splash someone walking down the road
41. Go to a Lions game - (Lions v. Packers - Nov 2009 w/ Kristi)
42. Ride a roller coaster
43. Get my boat license - (August 28, 2010 w/ Alison, Josh, Miranda & Brandon)
44. Own a summer vacation get away
45. Learn to play the cello
46. Go ice-fishing
47. Try surfing
48. Go to Tahiti
49. Earn my Bachelor of Education - (Sept 2007 - April 2008 @ University of Windsor)
50. See a Team Canada Olympic game
51. Go to an EPL match (preferably Chelsea v. anyone)

So this is just a taste of some of the things I've thought of. I'm sure there are a ton more I could list, but this is all I have so far. Next step to get focussed: create a short term list of goals for this year and actually do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment